So, on Thursday, I took my driving test, and I went through the most
stressful/suspenseful fantastic half hour of my life. After getting the first four questions wrong, and skipping half of them, I went on a 'right streak'. The sad thing was that once you skipped them, you had to come back to them. Finally, there were four questions left, and I had to get 28 out of 35 (80%) right to pass. I had only gotten four wrong. It was the last straw. I only had to get one more right, and I would be done! Get all four wrong, and it was back to studying. Question 31: How far should you stay away from a moving fire truck with its lights on? A) 500 feet B) 350 feet C) 800 feet D) 1,000 feet. 'Crap, what its that?? Well, it couldn't be 1,000 feet. Thats too far, and 350 feet is too close. I'll try 800 feet.' WRONG!! I went to the next one. 'WRONG!!' again! Only two more. I could do it. WRONG!! Holy crap!! This is my last chance. Get this one right, and I'm behind the wheel! Get it wrong, and its back to the desk! I took a deep breath. I read it carefully. It was one of the ones I skipped. Which one is it? A) or B)? A) is logical, but B) sounds the closest. I'll go with B). CORRECT! PLEASE GO TO THE FRONT DESK FOR YOUR PERMIT. I couldn't believe. I had done it! After hearing all the horror stories about not passing, I had
kicked the test in the butt got my permit! As soon as I was outside I was jumping around,
screaming saying "I did it! I did it!"
So, after Thursday, '
Madre' and I have been taking the
volvo out for a drive everyday. I am getting quite attached to that car. I haven't crashed, and I'm going slow
at my mothers request so everything is good. Lets hope it stays like that. I have also gone to the
Wallowa Lake with our friend and her grandson. The freezing cold waters has chased me out for the passed two times while he bobbed around without a care in the world. As we
contemplated the meaning of life chatted and sat in the sun we observed people, had a laugh or two and kept an eye on her grandson. What a wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon. Thank you.
~FRS
Oh man.... thats so crazy that you can start driving over there in the US at that age..... :C
ReplyDelete