Friday, November 15, 2013
Ending the season with a bang!
This year was my second year of water polo. This year was amazing, and I loved every second of it. This year, the sophomore girls consisted of five girls; one new, and four returnees. I am proud to say that I lettered for the second time in water polo. I am also honored to say that I made second all metro team, meaning that I am in the top 14 players in my district(the metro district). Another sophomore made third all metro team. I was so proud when I found out that I had made second all metro team. It is quite an accomplishment. I also got voted as most inspirational by my team mates. I got a plaque for that. Our assistant coach, Pat, gave us a big speech about half way throughout the season about being athletes, and not participates, and what it means to be an athletes. So, at the end of the year, he gave us a 'Pat Ribbon'. It says; 'Awarded to athletes (only) that have experienced what it means to go a little further, a little faster, a little harder, a little further than they have ever gone before or ever thought they could go.'
~FRS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Luv, Our buttons are busting for you, what a season...It is so wonderful that you found a sport that you love and excel at...We are proud of you for your hard work and determination to be an athlete not just a participant...Also for your "go for it" attitude and inspiration that you pass on to your teammates...We love you bunches and bunches...Love, Oma & Papa
ReplyDelete