I woke up On Friday morning to the bright sun warming up our tent. We were allowed to sleep in till ten, however, the sun was not letting us. I got up a 8:00. Jon announced that there was going to be a hike of sorts at 10:00. Not everyone was required to go on the hike, but quite a few went. I went, and at 10:00 we were down in the forest looking for a spring. We found an elk skeleton(the antlers cut off of course) and then we headed down to another clearing.
 |
| skeleton! |
 |
| The green part of the grass is where the spring was. |
After the hike we had a breakfast of pancakes. At around 12:00 we headed up to the swap meet. They had telescopes for sale, and a lot of things to star gaze with. we also checked out the youth tent. They had string to make friendship bracelets with, and you could make a rocket, barrow a game, or get stickers. Nearly everyone grabbed string. I made a friendship bracelet originally for myself (I could be friends with myself, it is totally possible) but then Zoe asked if she could have it. So I gave it to her. Cat was having trouble making hers, so I helped her. We hung out in the bus cause it was cooler until lunch. Around 2:00, we had lunch. After lunch I went back on the bus to play
Uno. At about 3:00, Zoe announced that we were going to have dinner at a lake that was about a hour away. We were to go swimming if we wanted too. So I got suited up and we left. After the hour was up and we were finished singing
Bohemian Rhapsody, we pulled into a park. It was cloudy, and a little chilly. I was of corse in my shorts and tank top, so I was freezing. Lightning flashed in the distance. Jon announced that we would have to wait until the storm passed. I took a walk around the lake with 5 other kids. When we were done, I took out some bubbles I had borrowed from the youth tent. Just before I got my hamburger, it started to rain. We got out buyer, I grabbed the ketchup, Paige yelled "KETCHUP ME!!" and I said "MUSTARD ME!!". After we both added our condiments and were getting soaked, we jumped back under a tree and wolfed down our dinner. Food never tasted so good. An Oregon Rain Berger. Thats what it was called. The rain never let off and some people started doing a rain dance and singing X-mas songs for some reason. We had a slice of water melon, and then boarded the bus again. It took us an extra 1/2 hour to get back to camp cause some one took down the signs that pointed us in the right direction. We eventually got there. The lightning had not calmed down. At about 9:00, we headed out to hear a talk by Dave, the head honcho of the Star Party give a talk. We made sure we were early this time. However, Dave was out trying to figure out who had taken down the signs. Instead we had an 4 people improvise. It was really interesting. Luckily they clouds were beginning to clear out and we could see the stars. After the imprvies, we headed back to camp. Jon asked me if I could make him a braclet, and I said I would. Tomorrow morning I would have to get more string. We were allowed to stay up later than usual if we wanted. I was exhausted, so I went to bed. I will tell you more about my trip home tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment