I was still nervous as heck. At one point I felt like I was going to fall over. We(the outbounds) were facing the officers and inbounds. The officer from Denmark came up first. There was a lot of competition for that country. The inbounds wandered throughout the the crowd, giving people weird looks, giving others hard stares. They would then sneak up behind someone and give them a welcoming hug. The suspense was death. When My friends got chosen to go to their first choice, I was so happy for them! I almost cried. All the tension almost made me buckle as I was so happy for them. They went through the countries. About half way through, Thailand came. The two girls before me got chosen, and three slots were open. They inbounds kept circling a guy, trying to build the suspense up. I was preparing my self to not get chosen for the country. Then suddenly, one of the girls, Eve, came up from behind and gave me a huge hug and dragged me from the crowd. I was shocked. I hadn't processed what was going on. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes. I ran up to my country officer and gave her a big hug. I was trying to hold it back, I was so happy. THAILAND! That is where I am going. Everyone else got their country chosen. The officers announced that we could stay up till one to dance and then go to bed. That is what we did. every time I thought about Thailand, my eyes would well up. We danced until one, and then rolled out our sleeping bags on the hard wood floor. I didn't go to sleep until about 2:30, and woke up at 6:00. I was sore from snowboarding, dancing and laying on the floor for the past three and a half hours. We packed up and had breakfast. We all sat and waited in the lunch room, ready to go home. Then, one of the officers anounced that the roads were too dangerous and that we would be spending an extra day in cove. I was really hoping to go home that day. As much as I loved this weekend, I was ready for some quality sleep. We all loaded onto the bus and headed back to Cove. They gave us two hours to unpack, and take a shower. After that we talked in groups to our country officers about the countries and learned a little of the language. We then had lunch and headed out to watch Monument Men. It turned out to be a lot better than I expected. We then head back to the pizza place for an hour or so. At about 19:30, we headed back. We got to go to bed early, witch was nice. We woke up the next day to good news: we were going home! We packed, board the bus, and headed out. We stopped at McDonalds for lunch and then headed all the way home. In the end, I was glad I got to spend an extra day, but I was glad to be home.
~FRS
No comments:
Post a Comment