When I say rants, I don't mean to get something off my chest. I mean it in a joking way.
Todays culture shock rant: Lady boys. Definition of a lady boy: 1) A man who is homosexual 2)A man who dresses up as a women. This man can be both, or just one and still considered a lady boy. Now, I have seen some cross dressers on the US, but not as many in one setting as I have here. There have to be at least 20 cross dressers in my school, and even more homosexual people there. Don't get me wrong, I am fine with homosexuality. But I was very surprised to see so many lady boys. Some of them had me convinced, until I saw that they were wearing pants instead of a skirt at school.
I keep forgetting to post my schedule....so here it is:
On Monday, I have Fabric and dress from 8:30 until 10:30, Internet from 10:30 until 12:30, lunch for an hour, and Fabric and dress(again) from 1:30 to 4:30.
On Tuesday, I have Internet from 8:30 to 10:30, and Popular menu of Thai food for the rest of the day with a one hour break for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30. school that day ends at 3:30. I also have privet Thai lessons that day for 1 and a half hours too 2 hours.
On Wednesday, I have an hour before class to hang out, then at 9:30 I have Thai dessert until 4:30(with an hour for lunch, 12:30 to 1:30)
On Thursday, I have international Food from 8:30 to 12:30, lunch and then Baking from 1:30 to 4:30.
On Friday, I have fruit/vegitable carving from 8:30 to 12:30, lunch and then banana leaf folding from 1:30 to 4:30. and Thai lessons again.
The thing about Thai school, is you stay with one group for all of your classes, you can arrive late, and no one cares, and once you are done with your project, feel free to go home. That is my school anyways. Janiques school I have heard is much more strict.
I love my school, and my friends. Even if we can't communicate very well, they always ask if i want to go the the cafeteria with them, the help me with class, and involve me with things. So, I think I will have some good friends for my year.
Thanks so much for filling us in on your daily schedule...Looks like you are going to be well versed in food!..Do classes change during the year, say next semester?..Hope you are getting some exercise along with all of those food classes...Keep posting Luv and we do like the photos! Love, Oma
ReplyDeleteWow. That's quite the schedule. It's very good to get a a picture of your day. Just keep plugging away at those language lessons, understanding will soon come.
ReplyDeleteDinner! My place when you get back! Oh and you cook. Glad you are having fun!
ReplyDelete