Friday, November 14, 2014

Loy Kratong

On the 8th was the Loy Krathong festival. Loy means to float. Krathong is a little raft made out of banana leafs or bread. I went tithe festival with EQ's baby sitter and the wemon who work at my host moms coffee shop. I got a Krathong and let I float down the river. When you let it float, you make a wish. 

I also lit a lantern and let if float away into the sky. 

On Sunday I went to the rotary outbound orientation of my host district. I met some rebounds. They were really nice. All guys. One who went the the us, two who went to Brazil, and one who went to Japan. I went and had breakfast with them.  
On Monday I made some flowers and a bouquet. On Tuesday I made cake. And on Wednesday we made cake again.
Tuesday cake. My friend and I made it together, and I let her take it home cause she did all they work. 

I am really happy about this cake, cause I frosted it all by myself!! You have no clue how happy I am about it!!
 Tuesday was my host dad's birthday so we went out to dinner. When we got home we found a dog stuck in our fence. We got him out with any problems, and I saw him the next day, as happy as a clam. 

So that was my week. Sorry about the late post. 


~FRS


1 comment:

  1. Hi Cienna, Love your blog with photo's and explanations of what you are doing...It is easier to imagine you in Thailand after our FaceTime on Friday night...The photo that Pnong sent of you and the family is wonderful!..We are looking forward to postings on FaceBook and the next FaceTime....Love, Oma and Papa

    ReplyDelete