On new years eve, we drove to Khonkaen. There we spent the night and went to a new years party. It was in a little open mall. We danced and sang, while the Thai people just lauded and took pictures. It was fun. The next day we went to Chockchai Farm. It is a big farm with cows, both milking cows and farming cows. There I learned how to milk a cow. We also made ice cream. That night we had stake, the first time I have had stake this year. The next day, we left for home. I was sad to say goodbye to my international family.
Three days latter I went on a rotary trip with my club. I went to the northern part of Thailand. It was a lot cooler then I thought it would be. But I had fun with my club. We took a lot of selfies....
I have been going to school, learning stuff. A girl who came to Thailand in 2011-2012. She is from Washington. She came to visit. We explored my city together. I had fun to get to know her. I also went on a school trip. I went to Kanchanaburi. We saw a waterfall. It was very cool. I went swimming in my clothes because I forgot my swimsuit. I had fun.
In February, I celebrated Chinese new year. I like Chinese New year. The elders give money and riches to the children and grandchildren. My family involved me in the tradition. Then I suddenly without any warning switched host families. I am now staying with a family with two older sisters. One is 27, P'Mook, and the other is 20, P'Mood. P'Mook takes me out to get coffee on work brakes and we go jogging. Sometimes I go with her when she has a business thing and doesn't want to go alone. We have fun. P'Mood goes to a university in Bangkok. But right now, it is the term break, so she is staying at the house.
On the 4th, I went to Ong Prah with my friends. That was fun. That night I went to another temple and walked around the temple three times with a candle.
On the the 6th I went to the district conference of my Rotary district. I was a bit sad it was so close to home. It was in the center of Bangkok. But I got to see every one. We did a performance for everyone. We free danced to the song 'Happy', we did a Japanese dance, she had a slide show, we all introduced ourselves, and we had a speech. I am the leader of the group. So I had to organize everything. But it worked out well. I was also one of the three who did the speech. It was me, Caroline from Denmark and Daiki from Japan. We had a great time laughing and trying to figure it all out.
 |
| A picture of the sunset |
 |
| The view |
 |
| more view |
 |
| One temple |
 |
| another temple(and my fav.) |
 |
| My fav. temple.... |
 |
| steps in my fav. temple |
 |
My YEO, and my Host aunt watching the sun raid(AKA fog) |
 |
| those hills thou... |
 |
| One of the two guys in my club, and my host aunt. |
All of theses photos were from my rotary trip. I will post more tonight from my phone. there are more recent photos on that.
~FRS
Thanks Luv for a great blog, looking forward to more photos about your adventures on the last half of your journey...We so look forward to every word and photo..Love Oma
ReplyDeleteGood to see that you can still write!!! =) Thought maybe your fingers were broken. Looking forward to more photos of your recent exploits. xoxox
ReplyDelete