Monday, May 20, 2013

The Magic is in the Hole

Some of you may know that the title of this blog is as Voodoo Donuts catch phrase.  I will come back to what Voodoo Donuts is in a minute. Today I went on a field trip to Mercy Crop, a nonprofit, humanitarian, secular organization that helps provide countries the basic needs. Today we focused on education for women. It was interesting. After we learned about Ethiopia, we split into groups of 5 and were each given a scenario to solve. After that we had lunch and went back to the school. Before our field trip, our teacher told us that the person who participated the best would get a 1/2 dozen donuts, from her. Lots of kids were trying to participate the most, sucking up to her. I just participated like I normally do in class. The end of the trip came and the teacher consulted with the lady running the thing about who was the best participator. After taking role, I was announced the winner. I was surprised, but pleased. In fact the teacher was so impressed with our group, she gave everyone in our group who wanted one, a free donut. I went into the shop with her, picked out 2 of my 6 donuts, everyone else got to fight over the other dozen and a half and she took some home. These were no ordinary donuts thought, these are Voodoo Donuts! The legendary donuts that people from all over come for(honestly, the only thing that attracts people to them is because they are unusual)!
Here is my booty;
tasty!! (from top left to bottom right) Oreo vanilla,
tangerine, coconut,  rice crisps,  peanuts and chocolate,
 and the remains of a butter milk bar.

This is a pink box that they came in. 



~FRS


1 comment:

  1. Chalk another one up for Cienna...Just see what happens when you take an active part but keep yourself humble, kind and sweet...That's our girl!..Oma thinks you are going to have to go back to rowing instead of flag catching and burn off all those calories...Did your Mom and Dad like the donuts??? Hugs, Oma and Papa

    ReplyDelete