Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This Past Week...

On Monday I got up early to go for a quick swim before I started my day. Last year I participated in a free camp, G2CS, or Girls Gather for Computer Science. I had a butt load of fun last year and I would have loved to do it again this year, but the catch is once you do it, you con't do it again. However, you can be a intern at the camp. The intern helps 'unite' the girls and bring them together, as well as helping them open up. So, in February, I applied, and a month later, I got the letter of acceptance. I was going to intern for the first week, topic: hardware. The first day is always a little awkward, as people don't know each other. everyone is on there own. But by lunch time, everyone had grabbed a buddy as their new friend. I floated around, talking to everyone and making new friends. By Tuesday you could se social groups developing. Everyone talked to everyone, but they had there own group. We skip to Thursday, when we went on our Intel field trip. I learned more about engineering, about how Intel works, and how they treat their employees. I had a much better idea of how Intel works, and what they do. On Friday, I was surrounded by girls, and getting tons of hugs. I'm still not sure of what happened, but now I know the true meaning of stampede. I had a great time with the girls, and I look forward seeing all of them again at the Seattle overnight trip.



~FRS

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience for you Ci...A wonderful way to learn to meet people and gain self confidence by putting others at ease. Love you, Oma

    ReplyDelete