On the 14th I left for Had Yai with Janique, and Caroline(from Denmark). Our flight left at 1:30pm, so we had to leave the house at 9:00 to get to the airport with plenty of time. We arrived in Had Yai at about 2:30 and was greeted by our inbound coordinator, Emma, and Kelly, from Florida. Janique and I both stayed at Emma's house, while Kelly and Caroline stayed with the Had Yai rotary club's president. We went to dinner that night, and ice cream. We found a ton of rats in the back, crawling around under the ice cream machines, but the ice cream was good. When Emma took us home, she showed us a little bit around the city in her car. The next day we traveled some more around the city with Caroline and Kelly. We went to a few temples, a Market, and to a collage. That night we went to dinner at a funeral and had some Had Yai fried chicken at another restaurant. That was good. We also went to a restaurant that had Karaoke. That was fun. On Tuesday we went river rafting! I was in the raft with Kelly and an employ. We saw two snakes! It was so cool. The guys was really fun. He kept tipping the boat and rocking it back and forth. We went to dinner again, and another Karaoke restaurant. On Wednesday, Emma took the four of us to Song Klan, a neighboring town near the beach. We had lunch and spent some time playing in the water. We could see a storm approach as we sat in the water. It looked like an invasion because all of the boats were coming in. As soon as we changed and hoped in the car, it started pouring like crazy. We drove about a mile, and we were in a light shower. We saw an ice cream cart and bought some coconut ice cream in a coconut husk. We then drove back to Had Yai and had two hours of shopping in the black markets. I didn't buy anything, but Caroline got a good deal on on a fake Channel bag that looks almost real. She bought it for 1500 baht, about 46 US dollars. On Thursday, P'Boy picke us up and took us to his town, Nakon Si Tamerat. P'Boy is with rotary. He helps out with the inbounds and the outbounds. Caroline flew to Bangkok from Had Yai, and Kelly lives there. Janique and I meet up with Maia from Canada and Raúl from Mexico. I had a great time talking and meeting Raúl. The next day P'Boy drove Janique and I to our final destination: Krabi. We meet up with three ladies from our club: a past exchange student to New York, P'Mook, Her mom, the future district Governor, and another lady to be on the district comitty. Paula from Estonia was there as well with a lady from her club. P'Mook did not have to go to any of the meeting, of on Saturday, Janique, Paula, P'Mook, a friend of P'Mook and myself went on a boat tour to Hong Island. Alex from Missori and Risa from Japan Joined us. They happened to be in Krabi when we were there. The next day we flew home at 4:00. We got home at about 7:40 and went to bed. This trip was so fun. and I am burned from the boating trip. but it was worth it.
Due to some technical mouthfuntion, I couldn't post any good photos of the trip. I hope to get more up... but we shall see.
 |
| Me getting ready for a funral |
~FRS
Oh my gosh! I missed this one on the first go around! Good thing I came back to read the other one again!!! Thank you for the long, descriptive blogs...... love, love, love...
ReplyDelete